Michelle is a Manager in the Tax practice group and joined to Chetcuti Cauchi Tax Advisors in September 2010, She practices in all areas of tax law, specialising in corporate international tax planning. She also practices in cross border personal taxation, employment tax and corporate tax and has extensive experience in Malta Company law.
· Employment Tax
Before joining Chetcuti Cauchi in 2010, Michelle worked with Big Four audit forms and other boutique tax firms in Malta servicing high net worth international client and multi-national companies. Michelle specialised in tax advisory service in relation to the use of Malta companies in international structured, as well as the incorporation and administration of such companies.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Institute of Financial Services Practitioners, Malta – sits on Tax and Non-Regulated Business sub-committee and Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism sub-committee
- ITPA – Member
- ICSA – Associate
- Malta Institute of Taxation – Member
- 2008 Diploma in Taxation, Malta Institute of Taxation
- 2005 Chartered Company Secretary – Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- 1996 LL.M. International and Commercial Law (University of Sheffield, UK) Distinction
- 1994 B.A., L.P. (University of Malta)
- Banking Confidentiality
- International Rules relating to Bills of Lading
- Spanish (basic)