The Malta Permanent Residence Scheme is probably the most attractive residence scheme currently available to individuals seeking to transfer their tax residence from high-tax countries to overseas lower-tax jurisdictions such as Malta. The financial qualifications are easy to satisfy and permanent residents are entitled to the following benefits:
- No minimum stay requirements
- A low annual tax liability of a mere EUR4,230 (approx. US$4,900)
- No world-wide income/wealth tax – tax only paid on income remitted to and kept in Malta [new]
- No need to purchase property – only a minimum annual rent of EUR4,230
- No minimum investment requirements
- No Inheritance/Wealth Taxes
For more information about the Malta Residence Scheme, click on the links on the left hand menu of this page.