Malta companies may hold bank accounts in Malta or elsewhere. We enjoy very healthy banking relationships with the main banks in Malta, including major international banks. Cheque books and credit / debit cards are availability in a wide choice of currencies. Resident and non-resident bank accounts are available with comprehensive telephone, internet and mobile banking facilities are available. International commercial and trading finance facilities are excellent.
As intermediaries to the leading banks in Malta, we can introduce you to any Maltese bank and provide assistance with the opening of resident and non-resident offshore bank accounts in Malta.
Corporate Banking with Maltese Banks
The larger banks in Malta provide sophisticated online banking services as well as conventional telephone support in a regulated and service oriented banking and financial services environment. The banking system follows the UK’s established banking tradition and Malta boasts of banks that trace their historical origins to the beginning of banking in Europe. Banking law and regulation is in line with all European Union directives and banking personnel in Malta follow disciplined and market oriented service charters.
Benefits of banking in Malta
Generally, bank accounts in Malta enjoy the following facilities:
Prudent banking practice means Malta’s banks remain sound.
A choice of term, savings or current accounts;
Favourable interest rates;
Cheque book facility;
Credit card facilities in various currencies;
No tax or withholding tax on interests paid to non-resident account holders;
No exchange control regulations;
Bank accounts can be opened in all currencies.
Company Bank Account Opening Docs
- a banker’s reference (in original)
- a copy of your passport
- a utility bill proving your address
- a banker’s reference (in original) for each beneficial owner, each director of the company and each signatory to the bank account
- a copy of the passport of each beneficial owner, each director of the company and each signatory to the bank account
- a copy of the company’s incorporation documents
- a certificate of good standing for the company
- a banker’s reference for the company
- a utility bill for each shareholder/director/signatory of the account
Our Malta Bank Account Opening
Using our knowledge of the local financial and banking environment, we can advise individuals or companies on the most appropriate bank according to the client’s profile and requirements. As intermediaries to Maltese banks, we can assist with the preparation of due diligence documentation to facilitate client acceptance by the bank. We also assist with the preparation of bank account opening forms and documentation to expedite the opening of bank accounts and activation of internet banking access.
Our bank account opening service includes the following:
- advice re choice of bank in Malta
- introduction to a bank of your choice
- advice re due diligence documentation for client acceptance
- opening of normal or offshore bank account in any denomination
- applications for cheque books
- applications for credit card facilities
- applications for online banking facilities
- bank account management
- bank reconciliations and accounting
- office address facilities
- mail forwarding of all bank correspondence to your address of choice.